My photo
I'm a girl at 15 from Norway. This blog's just for complaining to the world and write about my life. Just so you know. Yeah, and I got some words of wisdom once and a while which may interest you. Enjoy!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

National Coming Out Day

It's US National Coming Out Day. Which made me think:

I'm not nearly out yet. The only person I've come out to is one of my best friends (and a couple of people in the health sector), so I must say I got a way to go. But thanks to all the other queers around (both here in Norway and around the world) who have come out, it might be easier for me the day I finally decide to be honest about who I am to everyone around me.

And I can't wait. I just can't wait for the day I can be myself, the day I don't have to be scared anymore. The day I come out to my family might end up as hell, but from that day I can be me.

Yes, I certainly know it's hard to come out. I'm scared my coming out story will end up bad, and it's quite secure being in the closet for me at the moment. But I still want to do it. Come out. Living a lie ain't easy either. And even how horrible my family might take it when I tell them I'm gay: I can't keep lying to myself for the rest of my life. I think that might be worse.

So... I can't be all proud and happy that I'm gay today. I can't celebrate that I'm out. Because I'm not, at least not today. A year form now; Maybe. But not today. Even though: Today, October 11th, is an important day. A couple of years from now I might stroll around the town I live in and be gay and proud, supporting everyone in the closet as well as out in the free. I look forward to that day.

Good luck, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment