Diana Ross - I'm Coming Out
Yeah, that's probably the gayest song ever made. But I like it. Now, what happened this Wednesday:
My mother was driving me to my gymnastics practice, and while sitting in the car she just went:
– You've got some well thought out thoughts sometimes.
– Well, thanks... That might be because I've been going to a psychologist for the last half a year, I said.
– Oh... Well, I'm glad I got to know.
And then I got off for gymnastics...
So, after gymnastics practice my mother picked me up and drove me home. We didn't talk all "Oh my God! You're talking to a psychologist!!!" We got home, and in the kitchen we started talking a bit more.
– The reason I've been seeing a psychologist is because I'm a lesbian, I said.
– Oh... Really?
And then there was this bad scary and awkward silence. I looked at her, and she smiled so weird.
– What?! I asked her
– No, it's nothing. Pause. – I'd really never guessed that...
So I assured her I am, and we started talking about our weird family. And then it was over.
I'm done! I'm freakin' done with it! I came out to my mother!
Yeah, this is the reason why I'm on a current high right now. But I'm done! It's weird, but it's real.
BJ Thomas - Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head